Sporting Legends Club aims to assist in providing recreational and sporting facilities for junior sports and allied clubs of local sports and their members, in the Wellington Shire area.
Sporting Legends Club Inc. began operations in 1994 with its charter being to provide support to the sports of cricket, baseball and Junior sport.
In 2019 Sporting Legends Club contributed over $100,000 to sporting clubs and individuals in the Wellington Shire
In the course of time Local clubs also have received support, the following being a few examples:
• Bundalaguah Indoor Sports Centre
• Bundalaguah Cricket Ground refurbishment
• Sale Golf Club Model Hole development
• Little Athletics Long Jump track
• Sale-Maffra Badminton Association Carpark
• Maffra Gymnastics Crash Mat
• Sale Maffra Cricket Association becoming a sub-committee of the Sporting Legends Club Inc. where member clubs receive 50% discount on affiliations.
SPORTING LEGENDS CLUBZPOOL SYSTEM
Over the year members of Sporting Legends who have nominated their club in the Clubzpool System will have their Loyalty Points counted towards their club’s pool (clubzpool) for a share of the annual pool
JUNIOR SPORTS GRANTS
To assist emerging young sports people in competing at the next level of their sport; namely to provide grants to assist with travel and accommodation expenses, coaching clinics and equipment.
To be available to participants in all sports.
Special consideration is given to cases of financial need.
CLUB SUPPORT PACKAGES
A more detailed expansion of support to a chosen club or sporting organisation which can follow on from Clubzpool Grants. Arrangements are formularised which can include:
• Coaching Programs
• Sports Uniforms
• Transport Assistance
• Youth Leadership Development